MG-TB wiring harness

To: <mg-tabc@egroups.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG-TB wiring harness
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:42:09 -0500
Hello all you T-heads out there!
I am trying to order a new wiring harness for my TB (roadster), and while
British Wiring has the plans with the correct wire colors, they show the
sheathing in black with yellow flecks.
I believe that the TA may have been black, but I know the TB was a brown
with green and perhaps yellow flecks.
My question is this: Do any of you have some good digital photos of the
harness, or a (PREFERRED!) piece of the original woven sheathing from a TB
that you would send to me??  I would be happy to defray any costs involved
for you. British Wiring has said they will match the covering for me, and
add it to their data bank, thus helping other TB owners.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
BTW, British Wiring will build the harness in the "Continental" design with
dual dipping headlights, and will add the harness bit for dual rear
taillights. They also have the wiring harness for the dash.  I have dealt
with them before on a variety of cars, including several MGs of various
years, and they are nice folks who stand behind their product.
The Great Electron Search is slowly drawing to an end with the help I have
received from many of you, and I hope to have the car back on the road again
soon......assuming the airline doesn't continue to have their quaint ideas
about when I need to fly...........!
Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;