Re: Silicone and rubber

To: "Ormrod, Douglas" <Douglas.Ormrod@adis.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Silicone and rubber
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:29:37 -0500
I rebuilt my TD's brakes about 5 years ago (and 5000 miles) with the
standard parts from the Moss catalog. I switched to silicone at that time
and have had no problems what so ever. I haven't had to add any fluid in
that time even though the slave cylinders walls are in less than perfect
condition. One big plus with silicone is that it won't eat paint. I always
get fluid everywhere when I bleed the brakes. Silicone brake fluid is very
slippery, by the way. So don't leave a puddle of it on the floor! I found
this out the hard way.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470