Turn Signal Questions

To: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn Signal Questions
From: "Peter Thiel" <pthiel@QuixNet.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:38:41 -0500
 Hi Scott,
    Regarding the flasher unit and relay, my 53 TD is a little different
than Nels'. The flasher unit is under the hood, near the fuel pump and right
hand horn, with a universal type 12 volt flasher like Nels has. The single
screw and bracket may not be original, but that's where the wires come out. I
recently replaced the flasher and could not locate one locally that had the
original screw type terminals, so I temporarily added onto the wires with
push-on connectors, keeping the ring ends under the electrical tape.
    The relay mounts up under the dash, on the inside of the firewall, fairly
centrally located, maybe a little left of center if memory serves correctly
(now that's a concept!). If you need a picture of an untouched one, I can take
down the dash panel and do that, but that's for another night.
    The switch (ahem, uh, trafficator) mounts at the bottom of the dash as
Nels' picture
shows, though with a different mounting bracket. It is pretty much right under
the ignition switch in my car, where the cutout in the original under-dash
panel is.
    Also for your viewing pleasure I have a scanned copy of the wiring
diagram, but its a large file to retain resolution (675 kb). If you want it
I'll be happy to send it to you.

 Good luck with the project!
Pete Thiel
'53 TD2  22777

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which
had a name of Trafficator & Dash1.JPG]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which
had a name of flasher.JPG]