Re: TF dip stick / TD dip stick

To: bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: TF dip stick / TD dip stick
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:19:06 -0500
Bob,
  Sounds to me as if you are keeping your oil too clean,  changing it and
the filter too frequently.  Try leaving it for three years or so and you
will find it's much easier to read on the dipstick at all temperatures.
  Sorry--couldn't resist....
  I have the same challenge now that I am using Mobil 1 in my TD.   It
doesn't seem to darken, and it is very difficult to see on the dipstick
when engine is warm. No problem when it's cold.   I have to twist the
dipstick in the light to find the line formed by the oil, and it's not
always visible without a second dipping.  This is true in my Toyota's
engine also, with Mobil 1.
Bob