Re: Rev counter reduction gearbox

To: kingseim@earthlink.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rev counter reduction gearbox
From: LAF48@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:04:42 EST
My tach. gearbox was not working well, rivets replaced by 10/32 bolts, &
double nuts. The 2 halves would not stay in line axialy, or concentricaly,as
the
register from one side to the other was worn out. I was about to drill  a third
hole & install 3 new 10/32 bolts  with nyloc nuts. Instead i brought it to my
machinest friend, & stated what i really needed were bolts with a long shank
to fit tighter than a off the shelf hardware store bolt. In a matter of
minutes the thrd hole was drilled, a straight reamer was run through the 3
holes, &
off his shelf come 3 mil. spec. aircraft bolts & nuts, bolts were full length
of the case, straight shank, with threads only at the end. Both halves were a
slight interference fit onto the bolts, tap,tap, tap. Install the nuts. done.
A master piece of quality work in minutes!  It has never worked better! Len