Re: radiator leaks

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: radiator leaks
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:08:51 -0500
Terry,
   Just last weekend,  Click & Clack, the Car Talk guys on NPR, were
talking about this.  They related that some years ago a reactor leak in a
US submarine just could not be located.  The skipper sent out for Barr's
Leak ( or some other compound ) that effectively cured the problem.
   MG mentions the use of Barrs somewhere in its mid 1970s tech
bulletins. One infers that they were having radiator or waterpump issues
then.
   I used it once, successfully, in a weeping radiator of an S-10
Chevrolet.  Use per directions, just one can at most. It may well do the
trick for you in the unpressurised NA system.
Bob