Re: under dash cover board

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Subject: Re: under dash cover board
From: "S. P. Carr" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:43:09 -0500
All --

I have the panel from my TD, and it's out of the car at the moment, so a
tracing or measured drawing could easily be made & circulated.  However--ask
yourself whether you really WANT it.  As it can't be removed without
disconnecting the steering column, and it's not very flexible, access to the
back of the dash is really limited--and just hope you don't have an
electrical fire back up in there!  Before I replace mine, I intend to cut it
lengthwise directly over the steering column and insert appropriate
reinforcements and brackets so that the larger section can be removed
separately without dropping the steering column.

That said, if anyone does want a drawing or tracing, contact me off-list and
let me know your preference.

Sarah Carr
(TD3942EXLU)