Hot Passenger Compartment

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot Passenger Compartment
From: "Stuart C. Keen, Jr." <simbafish@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:14:04 -0400
Does anyone have a solution for combating the excessive heat in the
passenger side of the TD? I am assuming it is generated by the exhaust pipe
directly under the floor board, but perhaps it's from the engine/firewall or
both (driver's side is not a problem). I had previously "insulated" the
tranny tunnel, both floorboards and the firewall with Moss' "Space Age
Heatshield Material" (#409-015), but this has had only minimal effect in
reducing the heat. I am considering attaching an aluminum sheet between the
exhaust pipe and the floor board, but perhaps this would be a futile
attempt. Suggestions appreciated.

Stu Keen
1951 MGTD Mark II