RE: Books

To: <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Books
From: "Mike Cousins" <Mike.Cousins@wsnelson.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:50:57 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I have that book and I think it's pretty good.  The only real disappointment
was no drawings of how to fabricate the motor mounts.  If I would have had
that, I wouldn't have had to buy them from Glen Towery.

I've also got the V8 on a shoestring video, Glen Towery's video, and all
back issues of the V8 newsletter by Kurt S.  I think the best source is the
newsletters.  It gives a non-biased view of the installation.  I like that.
Don't take only 1 person's advice.  Read everything and then figure out what
you want to do from there.

For example, my goal is to put together an MGB V8 for as little $$$ as
possible.  So far, I've spent $1700 for the car and $450 for a running rover
engine and transmission (with JWR offy manifold and Holly carb !!!)

I also installed an airconditioning system in the B for a total of $150 !!!

If I would have taken Glen Towery's advice I probably would be spending
thousands of dollars.

There are, however no shortcuts for some things, though, like the driveshaft
and the headers.  Just save up your $$$ .

Being an engineer, I just wish I could find more technical drawings with
exact dimensions, etc....

Cheers