Re: automatics?

To: Andy Bradley <abradley@cnw.com>, mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: automatics?
From: The Rays <therays@ellijay.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 08:52:15 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I asked that same question last year and didn't get a response from the
list.  I did install one in my wife's 80 B using the Borg Warner T35 that
came with the Rover P6B engine.  It works fine but you will need to replace
the rear axel with something that offers at higher gear.  I used a shortened
Ford 8" with a 2.74 gear that came from Ted Schumacher.  You can reach Ted
at tedtsimx@q1.net

The engine is stock and has more than enough power for the car.

Jim Ray