All my questions, Summary

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: All my questions, Summary
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 23:10:49 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I wanted to say thanks to David K, the three Jims, Jim M, Jim C, Jim S, and
Mark and Frank for replying to my questions.

Here's the results.

1.  Radiator hose.  I guess this is something I'm just going to have to
figure out.  I brought home a piece of 1 1/4" PVC coated conduit, maybe that
will fit, its a little smaller than the 1.5" pipe I was trying before, plus
the coating should help to reduce rattle.  Thanks Jim for the pics, I need to
get one of those cameras.

2.  PCV.  Get a PCV valve from a SBC and route it to the fitting on the base
of carb.

3. Use the timed port for distributor advance.

4.  I received a good selection of options.  Here's what I discovered.  If
you take a standard 1/4" tubing union, and remove the nut and ferrule from
one end, the threads are the same size as the fitting on the HTOB.  So I
think this will work well.

Hopefully, we'll be hearing engine sounds in the garage by Sunday.

Thanks,

Glenn