Re: Cruise control

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Cruise control
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:50:03 -0500
Cc: MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I had one that I purchased from K-Mart years ago that I ran for a long time our
old
rear wheel drive Toyota Corolla and then on a Mazda Pickup.  It just ran off of
engine RPM (wire hooked to the coil like a tac would be) so you didn't have to
have
any sensors mounted on the drive shaft.  It had a control unit that mounted on
the
turn signal stalk and worked pretty much like a GM cruise control does now.  It
cost about $75 in 1982.  It would work well with a V8 MGB.  It had a wire that
hooked to the brake light circuit so that it would disengage when the brakes
were
applied.  It also automatically disengaged when there was a sudden increase in
revs, like when you pushed the clutch in.  It was easy to install.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO