Re: Ford 302 MGB - was Cruise control

To: rickhuber1@home.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford 302 MGB - was Cruise control
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:54:05 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/15/2000 7:58:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rickhuber1@home.com writes:

> A few weeks ago there was a thread about putting a Ford 302 with aluminum
>  heads in an MGB.  Only 66 # heavier than the BOP / Rover V8.  I mentioned
it
>  in our local club newsletter, and I've got somebody interested in it.  Can
>  someone give me a name and number for someone who has done it or is
thinking
>  about doing it ?  It would be nice if it was in the New Jersey area so he
>  could go and see the job, but a contact would be great.

Rick,

Check out the links on the last two web sites below my signature; there are a
couple of Ford 302 MGBs shown on them. Plus, the following individuals
have/are planning a Ford 302 conversion (thanks to Pete Mantell for the list
of names):

Dale Spooner   77 MGB 302     C4
Steve Carrick        MGB 302
Jim Chenoweh   78 MGB 302     T5
Craig Faubel   71 MGB 302     T5
Pete Mantell   69 MGB 302     T5
Dan Masters          TR6 302

One thing that was not mentioned in the previous thread is the size of the
Ford compared to the BOP/Rover - it's actually smaller externally!  I have
the correct dimensions for the Ford, BOP/Rover, and the SB Chevy, and I will
be posting them to my engine swap website soon. Hopefully, I will have
accurate weights for all three engines soon, and will post that info as well.
 I do have accurate weight info for the Ford 302 (424 pounds, ready to run)
on the engine swap web site, but I don't have an accurate weight for the
Chevy or the BOP/Rover. I know that all sources list the BOP/Rover as
weighing 320 pounds, but I don't know what all that includes - carburetor?
alternator? starter? flywheel? etc.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm

http://members.aol.com/danmas/examples.htm