Re: Air filter

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@marketvalue.net>, "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air filter
From: "Allen Wulf" <wulfmgbv8@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:41:04 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry,  There is an interesting article in the April 2002 issue of Car Craft
testing various sizes of air cleaners  a 520hp Chrysler 448ci engine.  With
no air cleaner it dynoed at 519hp; a 7 inch odx 3 inch tall 520, etc.   They
tested with everything from no air filter to 14"od X 6" tall.  It produced
the most hp(522hp) with a 14" od X 2.25 " tall, 7/8 drop base.

On my own 215 V8 I didn't notice any increase in performance when I switched
from the 2.25" 14" paper filter to the 2.5" 14" K&N.  I could have bought a
lot of paper filters for what I paid for the K&N!

Al