[no subject]

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
From: "Doris Hug" <hug304@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:25:10 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi everyone

I am in the process of rebuilding an olds 215 for my MGB.
The engine block needed to be bored oversize.  Unfortunately the cylinder bore
is not concentric with the outside diameter of the sleeve.  Therefore the wall
of the sleeve is heavy (thick)  on one side  and  light (thin)  on the
opposite side. Has anyone else encountered this?  I have a second block and it
is the same.  What is a safe minimum thickness for the  wall of the cylinder
sleeve in this application?  I have bored the block to .040 oversize.

Thanks
Jeff
hug304@ameritech.net