Re: Datsun/MG's/Throwout the clutch

To: jtilton@vt.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsun/MG's/Throwout the clutch
From: MOGRITS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 18:00:52 -0400
When pricing the "big three" parts for my MGB a couple of years ago I too
encountered the heavy duty throwout bearing at my local parts house. I think
the difference was $18.00 vs. $8.00 for the carbon. Being naive, I even
checked J.C. Whitney, who had the lowest price.

When taking the order, the J.C. Whitney Operator read back the part number to
me, and said, "that's a clutch kit for a blah blah blah Volvo, right? I said
"no, it's for a '72 MGB"

And she said "Right, I have them down as the same part". I checked the
catalogue, and sure enough, the part number was the same....

Now go figure..........

Warren Smith
'72B w/ Volvo clutch