[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Help - Block Brass Taper Plugs

Subject: Re: Help - Block Brass Taper Plugs
From: (Graham McCann)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 09:58:28 +1000
>MG Friends:
>My 76B blew out the oil gallery brass plug located on the left rear 
>side just under the oil pressure relief valve assembly. Warned by the 
>alarming cloud of smoke as a torrent of oil hit the exhaust pipe I shut 
>down the engine before wiping everything out.
>My question is where does one find such a brass tapered plug. (Moss 
>only sells a set of 4, two for each end on the block which are a 
>differant size.) And if not available does anyone know what the British 
>standard is for taper angle on such plugs so I can have one made.
>With thanks
>Tom Anderson
>Menlo Park CA
The best solution is to get one turned up by an engineering shop.  I have
never found a parts supplier who even recognises them.  Brown & Gammons and
M&G International of the UK do not list them.  Because they are hammered in
to place they are not hard to make once you have measures the widest and
narrowest part of the hole.

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
06 2889055

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>