Re: Overdrive in a Midget?

To: mgs@autox.team.net, fleming@battelle.org
Subject: Re: Overdrive in a Midget?
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 08:42:50 -0500

>      I am planning to put a new transmission and clutch in my '78 Midget
>      and I am wondering if I should (could) replace the standard
>      transmission with an overdrive unit.  Also any ideas where I can get a
>      heavy duty clutch.  I don't want to do this again anytime soon.
>      Thanks for the advice.

Mini Mania in CA can help you. I don't have the number handy right now, but I'm
sure somebody here does. They have heavy duty racing clutchs (~$250?)
and they have datsun gearbox conversion kits (~$600?) which is the closest
you will come to an overdrive in a Midget (they are 5 speed datsun 'boxes).

Marcus