Laying the car up

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Laying the car up
From: Mike Linnett <mike@kbss.bt.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 10:46:29 BST
I'm sure that this is a frequently asked question...

I need to lay the car up for a few months. What is the standard
procedure for doing this, besides greasing everything and changing the oil.
Is it worthwhile draining the cooling system, or removing the wheels
and inflating the tyres to a higher pressure ???

I have some surface rust underneath, just behind the front wheel arches,
is there a consensus on the best way of protecting this once I get
the rust off??

I was thinking of using something like Smoothrite...

thanks,

Mike.