Re: '75 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net (SOL Discriminati)
Subject: Re: '75 MGB
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 17:01:20 +0600
>If you go the
>Weber route, be sure it has a manual choke.  I put a down-draft Weber
>on my 77B and it had the electric choke.  Plenty of problems.

My own Weber DGAV has a water choke.  Very similar to the one found on the
Z-S carb but much more well behaved.  I never did figure out how all those
silly little holes made the Z-S choke work, but the Weber choke works by
actuating a real plate.

Only problem I've had with the choke was when the mounting screws somehow
worked themselves loose, causing the choke linkage to bind.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech  vt <> Vermont)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html