RE: MG-TD Rear Axle Gear Ratio

To: lawref <lawref@lawref.com>, MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG-TD Rear Axle Gear Ratio
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 08:38:00 PDT
OK. Here it is.

The pinion spacer my source insists is correct for many of the TD ring and
pinion  conversions to MGA ring and pinion has a thickness of .083". Of
course, I do not recommend that you grind a spacer to this thickness,
install the MGA ring and pinion, and forget it. You should still make sure
that this thickness gives you the proper pinion to ring relative position.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com