Re: Brighter headlamps

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brighter headlamps
From: SBERCOVICH@cbe.ab.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 14:59:02 -0700 (MST)
Cibie, Hella, and others have 7" round headlights available which would
fit the B. Unfortunately, most of those are illegal in California
(because they have a roughly 3/4 circle beam pattern). One or
two _do_ have a headlight which _was_ legal in CA, though don't know if
they still are. They were called the Z-beam. They are all 'bulb insert'
types which usually take a 55w/55w H4 halogen bulb. They are usually
brighter than the standard incandescent headlight. To go even brighter,
they can be wired in with relays and run with 55w/100w or other H4 bulbs.

Can't think of any downsides. The main upside is brighter light over the
useful period of use. The bulb is usually less expensive that a whole
headlight. They _can_ break just like any other headlight so a plastic
headlight cover is useful if driving in areas where there is likely to be
gravel on the roads.

--
Shel Bercovich                           "Come Ride   \/
sbercovich@cbe.ab.ca                      with Us     /\