Re: Springs and Hangers and things...

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: Springs and Hangers and things...
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:08:20 GMT
matthew.jones@kcl.ac.uk asked about springs and hangers.

I replaced the rear springs on my midget just a month ago.  The set of springs
and
hangers cost about 70 pounds I seem to remember.  They're easy to find in any
MG
parts place, like MOSS or M&G or somewhere.  Removal of the old ones and
fitting the
new took my dad and I about 4 hours, including the obligatory tea stops. This
included
time to sort out two stripped threads on the hanger-to-body mounts.  It should
be
possible to do it in about 3 hours if all goes to plan.

>From your mail it sounds like you want someone else to do it - am I right ?

If so, then you'll need to allow for about 4 hours of labour plus parts, say
4*40 + 70 = 230 pounds.  It sounds an awful lot of money to me, for what is an
easy afternoon job.

Hope this helps.

Your oil pressure gauge sounds a bit like mine.  I traded my oil pressure gauge
for
a combined oil-pressure / temp gauge, which always reads about 10 lb/ft2 less
than
the old one.  As long as you know what to expect you'll be OK.

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.