Re: no speed limit - -no lbc content

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no speed limit - -no lbc content
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:46:24 -0500
I have seen an abundance of griping about the new speed limits (or lack
there of in Montana). I live in Connecticut where even taxes are
taxed.  The state has NO IMMEDIATE PLANS to raise the speed limits from
55.  Speeding tickets are a huge source of revenue for the state. The
Maximum fine is $320 my wife got pinched for 55 in a 40 zone (she was
holding traffic up at that speed) $185 OUCH!! While you can go to court
and fight it, it is a 2 day minimum process before you see a judge. When
I drive in other states the speed limits on the secondary roads are
about 10 MPH faster than the comparable Connecticut road.

All that said, If any of you have driven in CT lately all this
generally keeps the drivers under 80 MPH and the state fat with cash.

                 Rrrrrrrr
                        ^        Darn!!
- -Mark            = =O[&]O     = =o&o