Re: temperature sending unit

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: temperature sending unit
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 09:32:07 GMT
kevins@sfo-nichols.com

>>>Yeah, but how do you get the housing off without breaking/damaging
>>>something?  Mine won't budge.

Try spraying it all around with WD40 or similar, if not tap it sideways with
a mallet to try to shift it.  It that fails, take the filler plug out the top
of the housing.  You can then get a bar or peice of wood in there to lever it
sideways.

One thing not to try to do is get a screwdriver or anything in the join and
lever it off - you risk damaging the mating faces that way.

Good luck.

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.