Re: Starter solenoid

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: Starter solenoid
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:33:49 GMT
>>>From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
>>>I had a problem a while ago where I drove through a Large Puddle, and then
>>>my 72 MBG/GT started having intermittent starting problems.  I pulled off
>>>the starter, and pulled apart the starter selenoid.  (sp?)  It looked like
>>>there was 20+ years of gunk built up in there.

Thanks for the idea.  I had a look last night, but the starter solenoid on a
midget is a seperate part, screwed onto the bulkhead.  I couldn't see any way
to get it apart, although even the outside looked pretty cruddy.

Does anyone know how to get these things apart, or even if it's possible ?

Cheers,
       Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.