Re: 300 miles 70 mph 30 mpg :)

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 300 miles 70 mph 30 mpg :)
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 8:45:01 -0600
Emma ('69 B, now we're putting the name before the car) Got a steady 30
MPG on the trip back from Houston.

Andy Ramm
'67 Midget Mk III -- The Smidgin
'69 B -- Emma

----------------Original Message Follows----------------

Eric L. Van Iderstine wrote:

>I got about 30 mpg at
>speed..  So much better than the LaSabre.

My personal record in my 77 B (no name) was a little more than five
gallons
over 200 miles at a consistent 70 mph--an astounding ~40 mpg.  And the
car
(no name) doesn't even have overdrive.  Meanwhile, the Crown Victoria
(aka
"The Queen Mary") can only dream of getting better than 20 mpg for the
same
trip.

This last weekend's trip (same destination) netted a camparatively dismal
30
mpg.  The trip did bring to my attention a handful of deficiencies in the
suspension, but it was remarkably relaxing.  That is, until I had to slow
down fairly abruptly.  It had been raining, and I hadn't been
periodically
applying the brakes to dry everything off.  Before the brakes took up, I
briefly reflected on how wonderfully suited the English language is to
swearing.  I invented some real doozies in that one second.

Enough nonsense.  I promise my next post will be more useful.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech  vt <> Vermont)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html