Vinyl Scuttle Cover

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vinyl Scuttle Cover
From: VFVR80E@prodigy.com (MR JOHN M ROGERS)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 23:35:50 EST
-- [ From: John Rogers * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I have a '62 MGA 1600 MkII that I have had for some time.  I have
redone all of the interior except the scuttle top (top of the dash
behind the windscreen, for all of you who aren't up on your Brit.
vocabulary).  The scuttle is vinyl covered on the MkII and all traces
of it are long gone on my car ( a couple of paint jobs ago by some DPO
I guess).  I have several pictures of how it is properly done but none
with the door open.  My question is this, can someone describe how the
vinyl folds over the side between the wing / scuttle seam (obvious here)
and the furflex door trim.  Is the vinyl edge turned under?  Does it
fit under the door trim?  How far done does it extend downward?  I know
that this is a little hard to envision, but if you've done it before,
you probably know exactly what I am asking about.   Thanks in advance.