Re: dash with cigar lighter

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Re: dash with cigar lighter
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <lawref@lawref.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 17:48:59 -0800
Denise Thorpe wrote:

> original.  Has anyone else seen a metal dash with a cigar lighter between the
> choke knob and the plastic gauge surround?  Does anyone know anything about
> the limited edition black BGT for '67 and what special features it had?  All
> enlightenment will be appreciated.

Denise.
My '67 BGT has the same lighter in the same place and it seems to be
factory. In fact the unit itself is identical to the unit in my '60 MGA.

My info on the '67 special (unverified) is:
1) they were not necessarily Black. I have a friend who deals in MG's
that has a car we are pretty sure was a special but it is yellow. (I
think the black specials were in the first '62's shipped to the US)
2) accessories consisted at least of OD with vacuum switch, chrome
wires, and a plaque on the dash.
3) a recent message on the list also claimed that an alloy/wood steering
wheel marked "personal" was included.

Best I can do

By the way, I have a 65 Rdstr which lucia says must be a reverse
Lepizon(not phi beta in spelling). It was born white but mysteriously
turned black while sitting in our shop awaiting restoration.

Ernest