Re: Air Pump questions

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Re: Air Pump questions
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <lawref@lawref.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 14:18:32 -0800
Denise Thorpe wrote:
> Air injection and PCV are the two
> emissions systems on MGB's that don't harm the car or how it runs.  PCV is
> actually good for the car and I've retrofitted it on cars I own that didn't
> originally come with it.

Just a note on PCV. I added a quart of oil to my '67 GT yesterday while
it was running. Suddenly the visibility in the parking lot was about 1
foot. Seems oil was sucked from the tube on the side cover, through the
PCV, and into the intake manifold. The result was much smoke and a
feeling of missing rings. It would even start and run with the ignition
off for a bit. (using the button on the solenoid)

> Since it's the state that determines smog laws and penalties, I doubt that
> it's a felony.

A felony is defined as any crime for which you are sentenced to more
than one year (by even a day) in prison. It does not depend on whether
it is a state or federal crime. But no state makes speeding a felony.

Ernest