MGB LE

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB LE
From: dano <dano@n-jcenter.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 96 20:42:19 -0400
Greetings,

      I am new to the list, so forgive any transgressions on my
part.  I don't currently have an MG, but hope to have one in the
near future.  I live in Florida, and it's hard to find anything
of that vintage that doesn't have any rust.

      My brother in Conn. has found an MG in a barn.  (no farmers
daughter story here).  It is a (may) 1980 MGB Limited Edition
model.  The car has been sitting for 13 years, but for all intents
and purposes is rust free.  The interior is not too tatty and it
seems complete. It doesn't have overdrive or air-conditioning.
The owner claims the engine will not turn over. No major dents or
traces of Bondo.  It seems straight and the current owner is the
original.  It has approximately 49,000 miles.

      Here is my question.  About what is it worth?  I am fairly
handy with a spanner, and I am aware that the power train might
be worthless.  The current owner is not saying how much he wants,
he needs to get rid of it and is waiting for my brother to make
the first move price wise.

              Thanks in advance !

                    Dave Danoe   - dano@n-jcenter.com