Re: King pins on '76 Midget.

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: King pins on '76 Midget.
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 11:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 2 Jun 1996 RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:

> Looking for some NET advice,
>
> Does anyone or club lend or rent the in-line reamer tool for Midget king pin
> replacement? I'd rather not spend $200 to own one given the amount of times
> I'll need it.

You don't have to!
Take your parts to a competent british-car place that has the reamer. They
will do it for you. You could also send them to Apple Hydraulics, if you
can't find a place locally.
I told my local shop how much Apple charges, and they matched the price.
So it was even cheaper, because I didn't have to pay any shipping.
Just make sure they have the genuine tool and don't try to do the job with
universal equipment.

Ulix
                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy