Re:MGC Tires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:MGC Tires
From: skillman@clark.net (Bob,Jean,Matt or Maggie Skillman)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 21:29:17 -0500
>Ok, This has probably been through the mill many times before,
>but haven't seen it.  I have a 69 MGC/GT, 15" standard painted wire wheels.
> What's the best size-brand tires to put on it before INDY 96?
>Thanks in advance,
>Dave

Dave,
        I found, IMHO, that the most reasonable, commonly available decent
tire for my 68 MGC was a 165/15 Michelen XZX.  Its only "S" rated, but I
don,t plan on doing over 112 mph anyway.  They fill the wheel wells up
quite well so I'm glad I didn't go any larger.  You can spend a lot more
money if you want to or possibly find an "off brand" tire less expensive.
I saw Dunlop SP5s (I think) advertised by British Wire Wheel in CA, and a
mention of Avons by another owner.  (see MG bulletin board MGC section of
MG WWW page for recent threads on MGC tires)
        Good Luck, Be C ing you at Indy,
                Bob Skillman 47TC, 68C (Ellicott City, MD)