More 1st Time Resto Questions - Rear Wing Lower Patch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More 1st Time Resto Questions - Rear Wing Lower Patch
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@cris.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 00:29:27 -0400 (EDT)
OK, I'm taking the plunge and am beginning to feel well-equipped enough to
tackle the sills.  I purchased the DIY book and the Practical Classics on
MGB restoration books.  I'm nearly up-to-speed on all the tools and am
ready to embark.  However, I still have one more 1st timer's question:

To remove the sill, a portion of the rear wing lower must be removed and
replaced with a patch.  What is the correct procedure for attatching the
patch, welding it up and hiding the seam without distorting the wing?

Thanks in advance to any who will venture an answer to this and thanks
again to all who have given so much great advice thus far on my project.
BTW, I'm photographing the whole thing and will make a web site of the
restoration process.  I'll be sure to credit all who have responded here
when it's all together.

Cheers,

Andy "I get by with a little help from my friends" Ramm

'69 B
'96 Hamgover