Gotcha, er Gotme!

To: "'MG Newsgroup'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gotcha, er Gotme!
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 07:19:37 -0400
Ok, so the evening was cool and calm and it was a perfect night to take =
"Zoe" out for a run.  I got home around 6:00 and my wife said something =
about going out to dinner and I said something about looking at a barn =
that was for sale in a neighboring town, and so we pulled the MGA out =
and drove into the evening.  We stopped and looked at the barn, nice but =
not what we were looking for.  Then we drove to the restaurant and had a =
nice meal.  When we came out, my wife said, OK, you can drive home, but =
be careful.  :-)

I figure the only reason she let me drive was that the car needed some =
petrol.  So, I stopped about 3 miles down the road, put in the lead =
substitute and 5 gal. of high test.  Then, when I went to close the cap, =
it disintegrated in my hands.  Pieces everywhere, including several that =
fell into the tank.  OMYGOD, she screamed, you broke it again!!!  No, I =
didn't hit her with the wheel hammer, but I wanted to.......

So, now that "I" broke the car, "I" have the pleasure of ordering the =
new parts and putting it back together and I am not allowed to drive =
it.... again....   :-(

Anyone want to buy an MGA?