Re: How long can it take?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>, Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Subject: Re: How long can it take?
From: SCHLINING.M.W-@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com (SCHLINING.M.W-)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 12:58:03 -0400
        Marc

        My wife and I just finished doing that to my 75 MGB to get it ready for
        Indianapolis.  This was the first time we had done anything like this,
        but it will give you an idea;

        Rubbing out the finish using power polisher and 2 different grit
liquids
        took about 4 hours.  This was done to the clear coat.

        We didn't undercoat the whole car, just spots that were repaired, which
        took about 1 hour using spray cans.

        Replacing the mounding takes less than 2 hours.  It is literally a snap
        except for the one nut per piece that needs to be installed.  The door
        panels must be removed and replaced.  My wife did all this by herself.
        Add 2 hours for a round trip for the door panels.  I assume all you
        lights, door handles and bumpers are on.  Can't give you an estimate on
        the fender mirrows, ours were on the doors and took less than 1 hour.

        You will get your car 5 days after the Olympics are over - if you call
        him once a day until then.

        Marty Schlining
        57 MGA Coupe
        75 MGB