Buying a Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Buying a Midget
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 00:07:20 -0400
I have finally broken down and am seeking to buy a
Midget.

  I am looking in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, so if you know of
any for sale of course give me a shout.

  But more to the point, what should I know about looking for
them and looking at them? How do they compare in terms of
maintainability to other british cars?

  I've been bit by the Britcar bug before, but not MG. How would
owning a Midget compare to owning, say, a TR6, besides the obvious
size and power?

  As well, I am roughly aware of the differences between the MkIII
and the known-as-MkIV midgets. Beyond the specifications, what real-life
differences are there? How do they compare in drivability and
maintainability?

  There are two Midgets for sale in my area at this time, one is a
1974 for $3800CDN and the other is a 1975 for $2800CDN. The former
is a metal bumper, the latter is a rubber bumper. I need some more
info to help make decisions like this. ;>

  Any Midget tips or links much appreciated.