Many thanks to the group!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Many thanks to the group!
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 12:53:27 -0500
Last September(1995) I acquired a TD that I have now restored(almost).  Last
Friday I got the car licensed and Saturday morning I got it inspected and
Saturday afternoon I went on a local MG club tour for a total travel of
about 100 miles. Total travel before that time was around the block for I
guess about 3 miles(odomoter doesn't work). The day was very hot-98F- and
the sun was very bright and sparkled off the new paint job.  The car ran
great, temperature at 75 C, oil pressure at 40 psi under load and 20 at
idle, no smoke out the back, car tracked well and steering was tight and
true. I felt that the handling could have supported >70mph but I only ran it
up to _I guess- 55mph. Not sure because speedo and tach don't work either.
The wife and I got home at about 10 pm and popped a bottle of bubbly.  I was
extremely proud and the wife was equally surprised. It was a real thrill and
I can hardly wait for the weather to cool and I can really go crusing.

I would like to thank everyone that has helped me through this project.
Without your help, there is no telling how many wrong and back alleys I
would have gone down with a great waste of time.  I will try to return the
favor.
Bob Dallas
Houston, Texas
'69 MGB-GT  '51 MG-TD