Re: When to dip your dipstick?

To: johnhunt@eeap.ogi.edu
Subject: Re: When to dip your dipstick?
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 11:33:07 -0400
John:

Your oil dipstick is a pretty simple creature. It runs from midway down the
block and just sort of pokes into the sump. What it's measuring is the oil
level in the sump; from this it should be clear that, to get an accurate
measure of what it's supposed to measure, you'd need to wait until the oil
has drained back into the sump before checking it. In other words, not right
after you've shut your engine down.

I usually check my oil before I turn the engine over in the morning. Sounds
like your oil level is fine, if even a bit high.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
...still in pieces