RE: DCOE Carbs

To: "m22@skypoint.com" <m22@skypoint.com>,
Subject: RE: DCOE Carbs
From: Bill Lattimer <m22@skypoint.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 20:54:02 -0500
If the carb setting is good,it is very responsive
and more powerfull than ZS or SU (at least I feel so).

Hence the need for dyno tuning

I feel I should mention that the engine vibration increase
and the parcolation(spelling??  A phenomena the gas boil in carb or fuel hose)
happen from engine heat.

I have not run into either of these problems on my
'B.

Still more,(On the whole),1500 engine is not high speed rotation type.
The weber is suited to the high speed rotation.

The Weber does just fine on low R's, if the choke
choice is correct.  My rule of thumb is pick the
smallest size you think you can live with, then go
one smaller :-)

So I feel that
if midget 1500 engine is stook,the weber carb is way too much for the engine
(Especially US type(low compression engine)).

A 40 DCOE with the proper chokes would work
fine on this engine IMHO.  Guess we'll have to
wait to see what the individual that started this thread
does!

:-0