RE: CAPTURED, MGA Short Block (Crank Shaft has reformed)

To: "mgs@autox.team.net"
Subject: RE: CAPTURED, MGA Short Block (Crank Shaft has reformed)
From: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 07:31:00 -0700
Congratulations on a job swiftly done.  I've often wondered what the
deal was with crank surface buildups.  How do they avoid air pockets, do
the journals wear as well as the original material, can nitriding be
done, how much does it cost?

Please fill me in so I can sleep again at night.

Geoff Cram
66B
gcram@wdni.com
 ----------
>>Being given a light sentence and probation, as
a condition of his parole he is required to undergo electric shock
therapy in
the form of weld resurfacing, and also to submit to a facelift by
grinding.
 The good news from the therapy house is that he will be fully
rehabilitated
by Thursday afternoon and intends to be back at work by Fruday morning.

You may all greet him and congratulate him on his swift recovery upon
his
first public re-appearance at MG Abingdon Weekend in Abingdon, Illinois
this
comming Friday.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA (with an attitude)<<