TD carbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD carbs
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 13:43:20 -0400
Should newly rebuilt carbs leak at the glands? My front carb leaks
slightly and the rear carb runs slightly rich. The car idles at about
1000-1200RPMs. I have had the carbs off and readjusted several times but
cant't get a lower idle. Could the spindles be the culprit? They are
good and tight with no appreciable play. Or is my problem the leaking
front carb? The car runs OK but I think it should run better. I get
about 20MPG. Any suggestions or thoughts from the MG menagerie?
Thanks,
Steve Tritle