Basic Tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Basic Tools
From: DBGaither@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 22:46:28 -0400
I know there are weekend mechanics and professionals alike that read this
list.  I would like to ask for your opinions on hand tools.  I have a
basic set of Craftsman wrenches and sockets now.  They work fine, at
times, I need a wrench with a thinner profile than the 'meaty' Craftsman.
 I do believe that the value of good tools exceeds their usefulness as I
get tremendous satisfaction from using a quality tool even though I
probably don't need it.

I'm thinking of treating myself to a tool-a-month.  Of course there are
Snap-On, Mac, and I heard there is a newer 'leaner' profile Craftsman.  I
don't want to spend a fortune on tools as I'd rather put the money into
my MGB.  As I collect better tools, I will move my current set down to my
son to start him a set of tools for himself.

What are your thoughts on tools?  Please mention any of the brands above
as I am considering them.  I'd like to hear from professionals as well as
others like myself.

Doug Gaither

Freudian Slip:  When you say one thing, but really mean your mother.
           try my homepage <http://users.aol.com/dbgaither/>