Re: MGA Interior stuff

To: tallen@csc.sctboces.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Interior stuff
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 06:13:27 -0400
Tom,

There are some super products that can make those leather seats look like new
(unless they're cracked all the way through).

Go to a good paint / trim supplier where you can buy professional products.
You need to start by vacuuming and then cleaning with a damp cloth, allow to
thoroughly dry, then, in a very well ventilated garage, use a product such as
Leather Prep by SEM. This removes residual oil and grease so the leather will
take a dye. The next step is a product called Color Coat, which is available
in just about any color. The ye will not come off. More than one coat may be
needed, but it's very easy. Just be sure to mask off everything else. The
following day, apply some conditioner or Mink oil to soften up the leather.
Do this last step a few times, few days apart. DONT get too much conditioner
on the seats at a time or you'll be wearing it on your clothes.

I'm sure there are other professional brands too, but SEM is the one I've
used with great success.

I had a Chrysler, 5th Avenue as my family car for six years with the leather
interior. I wanted to "freshen it up" before trading it in. God, the interior
looked brand new! I fiquire it got me another $300 for the car. Wished I had
done it earlier.

R. Johnson - Dallas