Re: spridget axles

To: Brust <roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu>
Subject: Re: spridget axles
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 10:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Brust wrote:

> They ARE all the same except of course for the difference between disc and
> wire wheels.  The wire wheel hubs have different threads from early to late
> (they go from fine to course).  The question I have is how much different
> are the wire axles from the disc axles?  And.... the inevitable, does
> anyone have a 1/4 elliptic disc wheel axle housing they would want to be
> rid of. I have a wire housing I would be willing to trade for it.
>
> Brust Roethler
> 64 Midget
> 69 Midget
>
> "He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
> Wm. Shakespeare

I have a disk wheel quarter elliptic axle housing from a bugeye I would be
willing to trade for a wire wheel quarter elliptic housing.  However, I'd
just be doing it on the off chance I might someday put wires on my
bugeye--I'm not sure it's worth enormous shipping charges to achieve.
Where are you?

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910