Re: THE ULTIMATE CAT!!!

To: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Subject: Re: THE ULTIMATE CAT!!!
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 18:57:35 -0700 (PDT)
At , you wrote:

> re: land speed records:  MG has captured a few of them in the past.
>Wasn't the 'Bluebird' an MG-powered land speed record holder?

There was a Bluebird record car driven by Malcolm Campbell from 1931 to 1935
and setting records of 246 to 301mph. The MG record holder cars were later,
but they were running in displacement class for their engine size, not the
all out world record. The MGs of the late 30's and the 50's did a very
credible job for the small engine category. All the stats are available in
the MG books, I don't remember all the numbers.

Bill Harkins