Advice on my paint problem

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Advice on my paint problem
From: "CHARLIE A. JAMISON" <cjamison@lib.ursinus.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:55:09 EST
I now know what severe depression feels like.

The other day a heavy-duty christmas tree stand slipped off a hook on
the wall of my garage and landed on my '72 MGB.  It hit the front left
panel that comes back from the headlight, leaving an ugly 2" by 1/4"
scratch (down to the metal), then bounced onto the hood and made another
scratch, somewhat smaller then the other.  I don't know how this happened, but
I don't think it actually dented the metal, just scratched the paint.

I've looked in the telephone book, found plenty of auto body/paint ads
for services in my area (near King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, 25 miles
west of Philadelphia, PA, USA), but I don't have a clue as to which shop
to choose.  Only one of the many ads I read specifically states that they
specialize in classic and antique car auto body work.

The overall condition of the paint on my MG is excellent, and I'd hate to
have the car re-painted because of this accident.  If there are any
subscribers of this list that live in my area that can provide any advice
on auto body shops, I sure would appreciate it, as well as any general
advice on this sort of situation from anybody willing to share it with
me.  Thanks so much,

-Charlie A. Jamison
  cjamison@lib.ursinus.edu