Re: MGB Fuel Tank Replacement

To: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Fuel Tank Replacement
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 23:01:38 -0500 (EST)
 >> I'm going to be replacing the fuel tank on my 72 B this weekend.
 >> What am I overlooking?

 > I highly recommend using Corroless (from Eastwood) or POR-15 for
 > treating any rust you find!  I've had great luck with both products.

  MGB fuel tanks tend to rust at the top forward edge.  When
  I replaced mine, I smeared the top edge and sides of the the
  new tank with a bead of GE silicone sealer.  I also painted the
  top of the new tank and the underside of the trunk floor with
  Corroless and a couple coats of paint.

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.        'Its better to be silent and
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA     thought a fool than speak and
   (610) 481-2646                         remove all doubt' --A. Lincoln