Re: Paint colours?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint colours?
From: W Warren Pruitt Jr <wpruitt@Charleston.Net>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 08:40:36 -0500
>>Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 00:15:26 -0500
>>From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
>>Subject: Paint colours?

>>What's the best, and the easiest way of getting some sort of a colour
>>sample for an "original" factory B colour?  For instance, I'd like to
>>see "blue royale" (1970) and "midnight blue" (1971), and be able to
>>compare the two, but most of the cars around here are either red, black,
>>or BRG.  I'm assuming that midnight blue is darker, but we all know what
>>assumption leads to... <g>

I just had my 70 roadster painted Blue Royale. I am going to look at it
today before he puts it back together. I had the same problem. Blue Royale
is dicontinued, nobody has the formula that I could find except one. Find a
Glasrit paint dealer and they should have a book that has all the colors
except Blue Royale. They can however call the Glasrit paint library
(somewhere in Europe) and get the formula for Blue Royale (BU 38). The
dealer can then make you a sample for comparison to the sample colors in
their book.

>From what I could tell, the Midnight Blue is very dark, a little darker
than the Blue Royale. After I see it later today, I'll let you know how it
looks.

Good luck.