steering column bushings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: steering column bushings
From: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 18:28:18 -0700
Haven't gotten to this myself, but have discussed it!
Our local guru (no sarcasm here, he's great!) told a buddyn that
replacements of the whatever they used on the later models are not
available.  He suggests you cut triangular pieces of fely and stuff
same into the space between housing and shaft - swears it does
wonders for vibrations at speed, shimmying, etc.
If you try this, I'd be intewrested to hear how it all turns out -
neither I nor my friend has had the opportunity to put this advice to
use.
Bill
Still same vehicles as five minutes ago